Problem with some pages and wget-curl

mgarat

Jul 24, 2024
Hello, good day, I need help with a problem that I am having with my proxmox installation, the problem is that there are pages that I cannot access from proxmox, from Windows VMs created in proxmox, I also cannot run wget or curl from the proxmox terminal, I detected that the problem is in the installation because from any other PC connected to the same network as Proxmox, I can access those pages and execute the commands correctly.

Example:
Github.com page, I cannot access it from a Windows installation running in a VM, but I can access the docs.github.com page from that same VM. On a physical PC, yes I can access github.com and docs.github.com
But from the VM or from the proxmox console, I can PING those two pages and it resolves the DNS and responds with a PING.

So I suppose that somehow proxmox is limiting my access to certain IPs or pages or protocols. The truth is that I don't know how to explain the situation.

That is, on a physical machine everything works, but on a virtualized machine with proxmox those same pages do not work.

So I rule out that it is a problem with my network, or my router, since on the same network with physical equipment, everything works.

Any configuration advice for Proxmox that you can give me?

Attach some screen shot....
Screenshot_5 --> physical PC
Screenshot_8 --> CLI proxmox
Screenshot_9 --> VM Windows Server 2022 on proxmox
Screenshot_10 --> ERR_TIMED_OUT on windows server 2022 VM

Best regards,
Martin Garat

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_8.jpg
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_10.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!