Problem with power configuration in USB box -- Proxmox -- OMV

nozle

Sep 8, 2024
Hello,

I have a Lenovo M90Q Gen3 computer which has Proxmox installed and an Open Media Vault VM on it.

To the server, I connect an IB-3805-C31 box via USB, which I add to the OMV virtual machine, from the / hardware / add usb interface:

Right now I have two hard drives connected, one in slot #1 and the other in slot #3 It looks like this when adding USB to the VM from proxmox (it seems that the USB/HDD are detected individually)

After this, I can mount the disks, format them, see their SMART status, but the problem comes now, it is impossible for me to use power options such as turning off the disks after an hour, or similar options, whatever configuration I put they will not come into effect. NEVER rest.

I have disabled the SMART option in OMV to check if it could interfere, I also tried modifying LVM.conf in proxmox and adding a global exception to the hard drive, without success.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong (if I pass the USBs correctly or should I pass them another way) and how I can make the power options work correctly.

Thank you for your time and for reading me first of all, greetings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!