Problem with one VM network

vamp

Jun 24, 2017
Hello there,

I found a very strange problem with one VM.

I run a standalone Proxmox with 3 VM (home server)

1. OPNSense Firewall
2. Home Assistant
3. Alpine linux VM , i use it a docker host

My problem is 3. VM, it unexpectedly i move file only one way (read it) but can not able to copy any new file. I try lot protocolls, for example cifs, sftp, scp, web upload (i run a file browser )

Other devices are same subnet so no any firewall rules or something. On alpine, no firewall installed, in proxmox also no enabled firewall.

Other VM, like home assistant work well, i able to upload it via CIFS or whatever.

I check everything, no read only problem or out of space problem... If i copy file from proxmox to alpine VM for example scp it also work... so i think the problem on proxmox and other device on the network...

Now it happen other VM also...

it caouse the 8.2 update and SDN ?

I just have one Proxmox node which runs multiple containers and a VM. Every service is affected by network interruptions. The error first came up after I updated my system.
But I can't be totally sure that it was caused by the update, because right after the update I temporarily altered some networking settings:
Code:
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o enp2s0 -j MASQUERADE
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i enp3s0 -o enp2s0 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i enp2s0 -o enp3s0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
sudo systemctl restart networking

But later on I rest the NAT rules and restarted my system:
Code:
sudo iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o enp2s0 -j MASQUERADE
sudo iptables -D FORWARD -i enp3s0 -o enp2s0 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -D FORWARD -i enp2s0 -o enp3s0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Have I done something wrong?
(Thanks for the fast response)

Solved!!

The problem is the Alpine kernel version... Now i update it to edge (6.6.46) and it fixed the problem!

It a huge help that other VM (home assistant) got the same kernel version that problematic (6.6.44) today and also produce the error... it piqued my interest to the same package version, for example kernel...

Hi, sorry but I couldn't follow you

Yesterday I downloaded the newest Proxmox Version and reconfigured the whole system. And I still have that problem. Thus it has something to do with the newest Proxmox Version.

But that is the newest kernel, isn't it? Can you please provide me with an explanation and the commands I need, to fix my Proxmox installation?
Your help is really appreciated

Hi, sorry but I couldn't follow you

Yesterday I downloaded the newest Proxmox Version and reconfigured the whole system. And I still have that problem. Thus it has something to do with the newest Proxmox Version.

But that is the newest kernel, isn't it? Can you please provide me with an explanation and the commands I need, to fix my Proxmox installation?
Your help is really appreciated

Hello,

I think my problem and your problem are not same. i talking one of VM kernel version not Proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!