Problem with network using restored backup

opko

Sep 17, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm new to Proxmox VE. I'm running into an issue and would appreciate your input.

I've created a VM and configured its hardware. Then, I backed it up as a template to install same OS with different hostname and ip . I restored this backup twice, renamed the VMs, and recreated the network cards to assign unique MAC addresses. However, even after installing the same OS on both VMs with different IP addresses and hostnames, they can't communicate on the same virtual bridge.

What could be causing this? Also, is it a good practice to reconfigure network cards by selecting 'auto'? Thanks for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!