problem with IPs of Proxmox

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Dears :

I'm facing a problem with the IPs of proxmox there is three nods till I login locally and made ping on the gateway.

once I make ping on the gateway I can have ping !!! I need help !!

Hi,
if I understand you correctly you cannot reach the gateway? Is this the problem?
In order to help we would need a bit more information. Can you post the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces. Are the nodes and the gateway in the same subnet? Can the nodes reach each other?

Hi,
if I understand you correctly you cannot reach the gateway? Is this the problem?
In order to help we would need a bit more information. Can you post the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces. Are the nodes and the gateway in the same subnet? Can the nodes reach each other?

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well..

I can reach the gateway for another network, but there is no ping to the nodes . all the nodes are in the same subnet , as I told you when I log to on of the nodes locally there is ping on another nodes they can reach each other and when I start to make ping from one of nodes to the gateway I can reach the nodes form another network !!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno3 inet manual

iface eno3.852 inet manual

auto vmbr0v852
iface vmbr0v852 inet static
address 10.10.40.2
netmask 255.255.255.240
broadcast 10.10.40.15
gateway 10.10.40.1
bridge_ports eno3.852
bridge_stp off
iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno4 inet manual

iface ens1f0 inet manual

iface ens1f1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
bridge-ports eno3
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

allow-ovs vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet static
address 192.168.200.0
netmask 24
ovs_type OVSBridge

??? any update??
Sorry for the late response. The issue is still not completely clear to me.
So you say you can ping the gateway from outside the subnet, but not the nodes which are in their own subnet. And once the nodes ping the gateway, you can reach the nodes? This does not make much sense to me. How is the gateway configured, does it perform NAT?

Anyway, you can block unwanted traffic by activating the firewall on the nodes and in the datacenter and drop incoming traffic in order to avoid any unwanted traffic.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pve-firewall.html

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!