Problem with containers after creating cluster

f4ir

May 22, 2011
Poland
Hello,

I was trying create a cluster. Unfortunately during synchronization was some problem with some service ( i don't remember now, this is no matter). I did ctrl+c. During synchronization scripts changed my /etc/pve/openvz on
Code:
lrwxr-x---  1 root www-data    0 1970-01-01  openvz -> nodes/zuo/openvz
Now my problem is in configuration files for containers. Containers are up but conf files are missing.
Code:
root@zuo:/etc/pve# ls openvz/ | wc -l
i can't do it anything and i don't have backup configuration files. Someone have some suggestion or idea how resolve this problem? Without this files i can't do it fresh vzdump. Please help.

Code:
root@zuo:/var/lib/vz/private# pvecm s
Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 1
Cluster Name: hosting
Cluster Id: 13719
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 20
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 1
Expected votes: 1
Total votes: 1
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 1  
Active subsystems: 5
Flags: 
Ports Bound: 0  
Node name: zuo
Node ID: 1
Multicast addresses: 239.192.53.204 
Node addresses: SERVERIP
root@zuo:/var/lib/vz/private# pvecm n
Node  Sts   Inc   Joined               Name
   1   M     20   2012-08-04 23:47:27  zuo

Ok problem resolved. Solution was very simple. I have created new containers from console with other id, after editing configuration files with correct id, everything working fine. I need execute again this procedure to investigation what happened but with non-prod enviroment :)

To your questions and explain how it happened:
Yes now is only one node. Problem was present after executing command pvecm add IPaddres on second machine. After putting password to root user procedure was stopped on "waiting for quorum". This step was very long but did not show error so i did ctrl+c. During "...quorum" on first node in pvecm n i saw second node but was not connected. After i did procedure to reset cluster, i mean
Code:
rm /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
rm /var/lib/pve-cluster/*
service cman restart
service pve-cluster restart
configuration files was missing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!