Problem with cluster : accessing other node pop up login windows, which fails

alain

Renowned Member
May 17, 2009
France/Paris
Hi all,

I did not see other people reporting this problem, but I think it is a bug at least on my installation. I setup a test cluster of two nodes with Proxmox 2.0.
I log in one of the node, and both nodes are displayed correctly in the web interface, but I can only access the node where I log in. Here I can see my VM and do all operations normally.
But when I click on the other node, a login windows appears, and whatever login information I enter, it fails. I cannot access the other node, the login window cannot be shut.
I can only change the address in the browser to log to the other node.

I saw this behavior with previous version (beta2), as well as with the latest (with HA). Here is my current version :
Code:
# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.0-18 (pve-manager/2.0/16283a5a)
running kernel: 2.6.32-6-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-55
pve-kernel-2.6.32-6-pve: 2.6.32-55
lvm2: 2.02.88-2pve1
clvm: 2.02.88-2pve1
corosync-pve: 1.4.1-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-1
libqb: 0.6.0-1
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
pve-cluster: 1.0-17
qemu-server: 2.0-13
pve-firmware: 1.0-14
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-11
libpve-access-control: 1.0-5
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-9
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.29-3pve8
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Here is the cluster status :
Code:
# pvecm status
Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 2
Cluster Name: proxmox-2-test
Cluster Id: 6110
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 164
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected votes: 2
Total votes: 2
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 2
Active subsystems: 5
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0
Node name: node2
Node ID: 2
Multicast addresses: 239.192.23.245
Node addresses: x.y.z.w

Does anybody else see this problem ?

I don't see anything obvious in the log (but I perhaps I did not look enough carefully). Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong ?

Alain

Last edited:
No, time was not correct on second node (more than an hour difference with first node). Indeed, I forgot to configure an NTP server on second node. After it was done, all is now OK, I can access both node without a login popup.

Thanks for the hint !

Alain

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!