Problem usign DNS name to login to VM running on proxmox

Kanze

Feb 8, 2023
Hello Proxmox experts,

I can't address my issue so I'm here to ask your help. I have Proxmox 8.0.3 running on my bare metal HP server and inside it I have configured one ubuntu container that runs my internal DNS server using Bind9. All is configured as expected, so from my windows home pc I can ping the names of the VM and can see the name of the DNS server if I run an nslookup, so the zone and the reverse lookup zone are working correctly. My problem is that if I try to login to the VMs using the name, I can see the login screen, I can insert the credentials but after clicked enter, I can see an infinite loading and I can't access to the VM. For example this's the problem on my eve-ng VM:

Screenshot 2023-07-15 222603.png

If I try to login using the IP, I can access without problemes.
My question is: can someone point me out where could be the problem? I don't think that the configuration of the DNS is the problem since I can reach the VM using the DNS name.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!