[SOLVED] Problem upgrading Ceph to Nautilus

Yes, I followed exactly this guide. But I would understand "remove it everywhere else" as that the keyring option in the client section should be the only one in the whole config file.

Or should the keyring entries in the section mds and osd stay there?

As for now, I followed the guide and I'm now on Nautilus. Having the keyring option in three places:
Code:
[client]
         keyring = /etc/pve/priv/$cluster.$name.keyring

[mds]
         keyring = /var/lib/ceph/mds/ceph-$id/keyring

[osd]
         keyring = /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$id/keyring

Is this correct ?

If the option in mds and osd can be savely removed, than I would suggest to mention that (to avoid confusing people like me).
Otherwise I would suggest mentioning, to keep the entries in the other sections.

Sorry, but the ceph system is a highly critical part - so I try to follow the guides word by word ;)

BTW: Except this little hickup. Quite good and working explanation. Thank you.

Best regards,
Michael

Yes, I followed exactly this guide. But I would understand "remove it everywhere else" as that the keyring option in the client section should be the only one in the whole config file.
Exactly.

keyring = /var/lib/ceph/mds/ceph-$id/keyring
These are the same paths as the default for the option for each daemon.

These are the same paths as the default for the option for each daemon.
I guess you are right, but what should I do with this information?

These paths [...] and should stay there as they are?
or
These paths [...] are now obsolete?

Sorry, but I didn't set the system up myself, therefore I don't know which is default and which one is not.

Best,
Michael

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!