Problem mounting NFS Share to Unprivileged LXC containers

n1k

Jul 26, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have been following different guides on how to mount a NFS share to an unprivileged LXC container but I can't get it to work properly. The LXC container still has no access to to mount.

To clear things up a little bit I have to following scenario:
The NFS share is already mounted to another vm in a docker environment. I used the same UID (1049) as a docker user. On my synology nas the user with the ID 1049 has access to the folder/share.

My unpriviliged LXC container also has shared GPU access for hardware transcoding support (the container is running jellyfin in an docker environment).
I mounted the share on my pve host, the root user on my host also has access to my mounted share. I added the share to my LXC using mountpoints.

I tried a lot of different settings but non of them worked, inside my LXC I can't access the share. Maybe someone has a hint or clue on how to set the corret permissions.

A big thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!