Molch

May 11, 2012
Hi there,

im trying to install proxmox on my new hardware :

- asus h87i plus
- intel i5 (4th)
- 16 GB RAM
- 1 TB SATA3

Installation seems to be working fine, but after installation the system does not boot with Proxmox, it starts into the BIOS.

UEFE is already disabeld. Is there a solution for this?

PS : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS works fine too.

Regards :)

Hi Molch

Do you have as order of boot, first the HDD where PVE was installed?

I have the same problem with Proxmox 3.2.

asus h87-plus
- intel i7
- 8 GB RAM
- 500Gb SATA3
- CD-ROM

Installation seems to be working fine, but after installation the system does not boot with Proxmox, it starts into the BIOS.
UEFI desabled. Order of boot is right - HDD is first bootable device.

If I installs Proxmox 3.1, after installation sytem booting and working fine. Boot problem is only with Proxmox 3.2 and some motherboards with H87 chipset (i guess).

intel dh77df
- intel i5 3570
- 16 Gb ram
- 256 SSD
- BD-RW

UEFI disabled. SSD - first bootable. The same as above.

Version 3.1 - installation, sytem booting and working fine, but
Version 3.2 -installation seems OK, system not started automation. Only from bios menu F10 manually.

what happens if you install 3.1 first and the inplace upgrade to 3.2 rather than installing it from cd?

Welcome to the world of UEFI!! Not.

This seems to be a common issue between Proxmox 3.2 and any motherboard with UEFI. I had same issue with several motherboards. But after trying several brand and model following are the 2 motherboards that seemed to work without any issue:
Asus B85M-E/CSM
Asus P8B75-M/CSM

And of course none of the server motherboards has this UEFI issue as far as i know. I never found clear solution to this. Something in Proxmox 3.2 the new UEFI does not like?

Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 everything OK.
Instalation from CD 3.2 instead 3.1 - problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!