[SOLVED] Problem adding a additional LVM

R3tr0

Sep 26, 2022
Everytime i try to add a additional lvm, this happens. I have made sure all lvs and pvs say that the storage is free but whenever i try to add it into the datacentre it shows as 100% FULL. I have tried adding the directory but that shows as normal but doesn't let me use the drive. I am happy to completely delete the lvm if someone gives me a list of the right commands.
Much Appreciated,
R3tr0

{NOTE: this is not a default install, with one local drive resized.}

--
Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 9.40.04 PM.png

Last edited:
This is the steps that I used :

Code:
1. Format the Disk
You can use the mkfs command to format the disk. Choose a filesystem type that suits your needs (e.g., ext4, xfs).
mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdX  # replace with your actual device identifier

2. Reinitialize the LVM (Optional)
If you wish to use LVM again, reinitialize it.

Create Physical Volume
pvcreate /dev/sdX  # replace with your actual device identifier
Create Volume Group
vgcreate hdd /dev/sdX  # replace with your actual device identifier
Create Logical Volume
lvcreate -l 100%FREE -n data hdd
Format the Logical Volume
mkfs.ext4 /dev/hdd/data
5. Remount and Add Storage to Proxmox
Mount the Directory
mount /dev/hdd/data /mnt/data
Add the Storage Back to Proxmox
Go to Datacenter -> Storage in the Proxmox web interface and re-add the storage. Choose the appropriate storage type (Directory, LVM, etc.) and set the path to /mnt/data.

6. Restart Proxmox Services
Sometimes it's necessary to restart Proxmox services to ensure everything is refreshed.
systemctl restart pvedaemon pveproxy pvestatd

This process will completely reset your storage setup in Proxmox. Be careful with these commands, as they will result in data loss if not backed up.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!