Pre-implementation questions

Andrei9385

Nov 30, 2023
Hi. We have an Exchange mail server and we want to implement your system. I have read the documentation and have some questions.

1. It is a good practice to move the mail queue to another disk. What is the correct way to do this?
2. The source of time on my network is domain controllers, where is the correct place to specify it? I couldn't find the setting in the web interface.
3. Do I need to install a commercial certificate somewhere? Or do I only need it for the client access web interface?
4. Do I understand correctly that:

Mail Filter - Who objects- Blacklist - This setting is global for all transport.
Administration - User Blacklist is for my account only ?

If not, what is the difference between the two ?
5. I don't really understand how the mail filter works. Is there any additional information, blogs, tips ?

Action objects
Who objects
What objects
When objects

- Are these only conditions for the mail filter?

6. Can you give more information about Content-type? How to work with it? There doesn't seem to be a whitelist for PDF documents right now.
7. Configuration: Spam Detector - In the documentation just parameters, can you elaborate on how the parameters in this section work ?
8. Configuration - Mail Proxy - Whitelist | Mail Filter - Who Objects - Whitelist, what the difference ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!