POWER OFF/REBOOT VM not working!

wolframio

Dec 15, 2021
Hello, the shutdown and restart, and hard restart or hard shutdown functions are not working for VMs, in CT they work.

I have tried both the column where the VMs are listed and the buttons that appear on the side of noVNC and when the machine is on they do nothing.

The only shutdown option that works is "stop".

I have proxmox updated to the latest version, the same as the kernel (6.8)?

Thanks!

Hello,

Could you please check the system logs of the Proxmox VE host and the task logs in the web UI and see if there is any interesting error? You can check the system logs via `journalctl -e`. The task logs can be found on the bottom panel of the web UI.

Hi,
additionally to Maxmilianos request, could you also tell us a bit more about your guest system? Some OSes don't react to acpi shutdown commands, or block if for example an important program is still running.

Hi,
additionally to Maxmilianos request, could you also tell us a bit more about your guest system? Some OSes don't react to acpi shutdown commands, or block if for example an important program is still running.
1720769703475.png

I realize this only happend to one VM because is not booting (VM os partition was wiped from the VM disk)

Reactions: leesteken
View attachment 71210

I realize this only happend to one VM because is not booting (VM os partition was wiped from the VM disk)
Before booting, there is noting in the VM running that can respond to a QEMU Agent shutdown request or ACPI shutdown event. Use Stop instead (but maybe wait for Shutdown to timeout otherwise it blocks the Stop), which is like pulling the virtual power plug (which is what you would do for a physical machine that hangs before booting).

Reactions: Folke and wolframio
Before booting, there is noting in the VM running that can respond to a QEMU Agent shutdown request or ACPI shutdown event. Use Stop instead (but maybe wait for Shutdown to timeout otherwise it blocks the Stop), which is like pulling the virtual power plug (which is what you would do for a physical machine that hangs before booting).
Got it! i am used to run more CT than VM...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!