pmgreport mails not DKIM signed

af7567

Apr 21, 2021
Hi,
I have daily reports enabled and being sent to an external address, a gmail.com one. They always end up in the gmail spam folder. After trying to find a reason why I noticed 2 problems.
There is no To: field in the email, and the email is not DKIM signed so it is failing DMARC.
I have tried the "sign all outgoing mail" option in Mail Proxy > DKIM but it makes no difference. I had also previously added the mail domain that the message is sent from to the "sign domains" but that also never added a DKIM-Signature.
DKIM signing is working fine for "real" emails.

I have tried the "sign all outgoing mail" option in Mail Proxy > DKIM but it makes no difference. I had also previously added the mail domain that the message is sent from to the "sign domains" but that also never added a DKIM-Signature.
DKIM signing is working fine for "real" emails.
Yes - mails generated locally on PMG are not processed by pmg-smtp-filter (the program, which adds the DKIM signature)

I think usually this is not a problem, because the admin-email address quite often is on a domain, which is handled by PMG and the downstream server accepts the mails from PMG unconditionally ...

Reading through various best-practices posts w.r.t. DMARC I do see that this can be a problem in certain cases - if you like - open an enhancement request in our bugzilla https://bugzilla.proxmox.com - that way we have a central point where we can collect all users who would need that feature (and based on that prioritize that)

I'm facing the same issue.

My admin account is not in the domain which mailgw processes and there's no DKIM signature at daily reports. Is it possible to sign report mails if the domain is in signing domains of PMG?

It would be great to not need to install stuff as opendkim by myself just for one mail a day.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!