PMG for backup when the MTA was not available/down

stevenseven77

May 29, 2024
Hi, currently i have 2 PMG and 1 MTA (iRedMail) and i want to configure the PMG as a door for incoming or outgoing mail. My current configuration is using haproxy installed in MTA vm which can be sent randomly using RoundRobin, but for the incoming mail sometimes it directly to my MTA (not from PMG) i setup relayhost in postfix main.cf iRedMail to pmg only, then the mx record i have 3, 1 for the iRedMail, 2 for the PMG.
If asking why having 1 mx record for the iRedMail, i cant receive email if i dont listed iRedMail mx record in my domain.

the question is how i can make email incoming and outgoing from the PMG and when the MTA was having error or in case hardware failure / VM going to shutdown or restarted, the email from another server mail still can sent and queued in PMG first, then when my MTA was coming back online, the mail from PMG queue going to sent to my MTA.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!