PMG and what else behind ?

atec666

Mar 8, 2019
Issoire
Hello,
now we have pmg cluster in dmz.
and postfix / dovecot on lan (requesting LDAP server)

Do you advice us another solution for backend mail server ?

i guess the question is: are you missing something in the current setup?

postfix + dovecot is a widely used setup that can scale to high user counts.. so i guess it's a good solution.. i use this combo myself, but with mysql for account management instead of ldap (then again, i only have about 3-4 account, it's a private server ;)) ..

so unless you are looking for some features or functionality which dovecot and postfix can't give you, i see no reason to change to something else if it's working for you.

cheers
Pascal

i guess the question is: are you missing something in the current setup?

postfix + dovecot is a widely used setup that can scale to high user counts.. so i guess it's a good solution.. i use this combo myself, but with mysql for account management instead of ldap (then again, i only have about 3-4 account, it's a private server ;)) ..

so unless you are looking for some features or functionality which dovecot and postfix can't give you, i see no reason to change to something else if it's working for you.

cheers
Pascal
hi, yes you're right.
i think about rspamd instead of postfix /dovecot ...

hi, yes you're right.
i think about rspamd instead of postfix /dovecot ...

Why rspamd? rspamd is somehow the same as PMG (just - for me - not such as good as a customized PMG).

Postfix is fine, Dovecot is fine as well. If you're using webmail, maybe you should consider to use sieve for learning ham and spam on user actions by moving mails to spam folder or vice versa. On this messages you could call sa-learn on PMG to learn such messages to improve PMG quality.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!