Plans for EL9 support?

koalillo

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

I use the free Proxmox VE, so of course I don't have any "demands" on this topic, but I have a couple of CentOS 7 systems (a few LXC containers in Proxmox and a VPS), and I was holding off migrating a Proxmox 6.4 to a new 7.x system until I could migrate those CentOS 7 systems to EL9 (I suppose AlmaLinux, because it's the first EL9 clone that has been released- I suppose it will be supported first).

So just to plan renewals of my EL7 VPS... is there any "estimate" (non-binding, etc.- just for me to get an idea) of when an EL9 clone will be readily supported by Proxmox?

Cheers,

Álex

Thanks, oguz, by EL9 I mean any Red Hat Enterprise Linux *9* clone like Alma Linux 9 or Rocky Linux 9.

Thanks, oguz, by EL9 I mean any Red Hat Enterprise Linux *9* clone like Alma Linux 9 or Rocky Linux 9.
oh, my bad :)

rocky linux 9 was released only recently (14th of july), and almalinux 9 a little longer (may 26th); after proper testing is done, the templates will be available :)

Reactions: Fathi
Bump...?

I think uptake of EL9 clones is being slow, but really, as Proxmox 7 does not support EL7, I was waiting until I could migrate to EL9 before migrating to Proxmox 7. But Proxmox 6 is already out of support.

I assume I could make a template work, but...

BTW, if anyone stumbles into this by Googling, Proxmox 7.3 comes with EL9 templates (Alma, Rocky, and CentOS Stream).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!