Permissions problems

T

tdi

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great software. I would like to ask some questions about how to organize permissions for my users.

I created a pool FOO for a project with 3 users, added them to a group foo. Added permissions PVEVMAdmin to this FOO pool for the foo group. When I login intto one of the users I still cannot create VM. What is the proper way, best practice to do such scenario ?

Another questions it, whether it is possible to limit resources per pool or group. I want to give access to students and limit them to have one machine per capita with storage limit, say 30GB. Is it possible or planned?

I created a pool FOO for a project with 3 users, added them to a group foo. Added permissions PVEVMAdmin to this FOO pool for the foo group. When I login intto one of the users I still cannot create VM.

What is the problem? Does users have access to a storage (added a storage to the pool)?

Another questions it, whether it is possible to limit resources per pool or group. I want to give access to students and limit them to have one machine per capita with storage limit, say 30GB. Is it possible or planned?

planned

What is the problem? Does users have access to a storage (added a storage to the pool)?

Yes, storage is added to the pool, users have permissions (now even PVEAdmin).

Members of the pool: LVM storage
Permission for pool: @group has PVEAdmin, PVEDatastoreUser, PVEVMAdmin, PVEPoolAdmin

EDIT: What is weird it works for users in another group.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that the user cannot create VMs, the button is not clickable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!