Permission denied - proxmox VE ticket (401)

Laza.DmX

Jul 4, 2024
hello everyone, I recently joined two clusters, example cluster A: has vms and cluster B: does not have vms, so I joined B in A and when I am in A and I want to create a vm in B it indicates and vice versa

Ahhh. I've seen that before when I join a new node to a cluster, then the browser window that's still open on the node (to do the joining) then throws the same "proxmox VE ticket" error.

I think it just means the browser session is no longer valid for that node, in that window. If I then close that browser window completely then open a new browser window to visit the cluster ui again, it's always then worked.

So... I guess you could close all of your browser windows to the Proxmox server(s), then re-open a single new one and see if that fixes things?

Last edited:
I had that once because timeserver where not configured, try to configure them and retry.

Reactions: justinclift
Ahhh. I've seen that before when I join a new node to a cluster, then the browser window that's still open on the node (to do the joining) then throws the same "proxmox VE ticket" error.

I think it just means the browser session is no longer valid for that node, in that window. If I then close that browser window completely then open a new browser window to visit the cluster ui again, it's always then worked.

So... I guess you could close all of your browser windows to the Proxmox server(s), then re-open a single new one and see if that fixes things?
I tried that, but it didn't work.:(

Damn. :(

Just to be super clear though, to make sure I'm not misunderstanding... joining the new node to the cluster did work though yeah? As in, if you run pvecm status from any of the cluster nodes it shows the new one in the list?

I had that once because timeserver where not configured, try to configure them and retry.
Please try this, as this was the solution the last time I had your problem.

Reactions: justinclift

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!