pbs replication

TErxleben

Renowned Member
Oct 20, 2008
Hi community,

I want to set up an efficient offsite backup, so I have a PBS (A) on the network that I want to be backed up by the offsite PBS (B).
Unfortunately, the internet connection is rather mediocre (I'm in Germany after all ;-).

Now I thought of the following scenario:
- B is initially plugged into the network to be synchronized and "initialized" with data.
- B is unplugged and plugged into the offline network.
- B pulled A is now acceptable over a slow connection because of efficiently using the "rsync" method.
- Now I actually need this final straw on B and want to restore VMs from B to target network A.
- So B should be plugged into network A, because transporting machine B takes 45 minutes and playing it back via the Internet takes about 2 days.
- I want the whole thing without fiddling with fixed IPs.
- Unplugging, plugging and PBS offsite can be accessed internally in the network.

Maybe someone has already realized this?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!