PBS Backup Storage Disconnected on PVE - Unable to Reconnect After Reconfiguration

axl.thm

Jul 29, 2024
Hello,

I encountered an issue with my Proxmox Backup Server (PBS) backup storage on my Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE). The backup storage disconnected by itself, and since then, backups have stopped functioning.

I tried to reconnect the PBS storage to PVE by inputting all the necessary details, including:
  • ID
  • Server
  • Username
  • Password
  • Fingerprint
  • Datastore
I double-checked that all the information is correct, but I’m still unable to reconnect the storage. Could anyone provide guidance on why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Bonjour,

Je rencontre un problème avec mon stockage de sauvegarde Proxmox Backup Server (PBS) sur mon environnement Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE). Le stockage de sauvegarde s'est déconnecté tout seul, et depuis, les sauvegardes ne fonctionnent plus.

J'ai essayé de reconnecter le stockage PBS sur mon PVE en entrant toutes les informations nécessaires, notamment :
  • ID
  • Serveur
  • Nom d'utilisateur
  • Mot de passe
  • Empreinte
  • Datastore
J'ai bien vérifié que toutes les informations sont correctes, mais je n'arrive toujours pas à reconnecter le stockage. Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider à comprendre pourquoi cela se produit et comment résoudre le problème ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide !

Axel.

Hi,

please share the exact error message you get in order for us to help.

Did you already check the systemd journal on the Proxmox VE host as well as the Proxmox Backup Server for errors? Can you exclude network connectivity issues?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!