Passthrough of Coral TPU to VM stopped working?

bawjaws

Apr 27, 2023
Hi! I've had a Coral TPU passed through to an Ubuntu 22.04 LTS VM for a while, and as far as I know it's been working well. However, I recemtly noticed that the Frigate docker container was crashing every few seconds. On further investigation, it's reporting that it can't find the Coral TPU. In the VM, the TPU is there, but there are no apex_0 or apex_1 devices:

Code:
lspci -nn | grep 089a
06:10.0 System peripheral [0880]: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU [1ac1:089a]
06:11.0 System peripheral [0880]: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU [1ac1:089a]

ls /dev/apex_0
ls: cannot access '/dev/apex_0': No such file or directory

I've tried reinstalling the drivers in the VM, but to no avail. I noticed there were a few threads on here talking about problems with gasket since a recent update of Proxmox, Not sure if there's a known issue? Please can anyone help me figure out what the problem may be?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!