OVH Failover IP assign to KVM (SOLVED)

Unknown2k

Jan 28, 2016
Hi All.
I'm struggling here.

I need to assign a Failover IP to a KVM within Proxmox and I just can't seem to grasp it.

My normal distribution is CentOS and I am very familiar with creating and using Virtual Interfaces with CentOS (
ifcfg-eth0:1,ifcfg-eth0:2) , etc.

What I need to do is create a virtual interface that utilizes additional IPs and assign them to my KVMs.

Has anyone else done this? I'd appreciate a few helpful tips.

Many Thanks.

On OVH you afaik create a virtual Mac on their backend and assign it your Failover-Ip.

Then in proxmox you create on your VM a new vNic, that utilizes your Hosts vmbrx. You then assign it your vMac from OVH control panel.

Thats about it.

For more, check the ovh Wiki/FAQ on this. It used to be up to date when i last had a ovh server.

Hi Q-wulf
Thank you! I was able to complete this with the provided information. I appreciate it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!