Other keyboard layout support

matthewsydney

Jan 3, 2021
Hi, I use the 'US programmer dvorak' keyboard layout, it's normally an option in a linux distro's graphical installer.

Is there a way to access more layouts during the graphical installer?

Would changing the layout after the installation work for you - or do you need the dvorak layout inside the installer?

(The list of layouts is currently hardcoded)

Changing the layout after installation can work, trying to find qwerty keys when you don't know them is very annoying

In the end I installed a regular debain so I can get a keymap I know in the installer, and then install proxmox on top of it afterwards

>Would changing the layout after the installation work for you - or do you need the dvorak layout inside the installer?

Imagine trying to create a root password on an unfamiliar keyboard layout. Getting past this point in the Proxmox install flow for non default kb users feels roughly akin to typing with oven mitts on. Please add the complete set of keyboard layouts.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!