[SOLVED] Original files needed: Nodes.pm and pvemanagerlib.js

miracuru

Jan 7, 2024
Hi

I have manipulated two files from the Proxmox web frontend to include the temperature of my CPU.
Unfortunately, I have messed up something but I don't know where exactly. And I forgot to create a backup of the files as well.

Therefore I ask kindly, If someone could send me this two files?
So I can copy the them in again and restore the dashboard to default.

I use 8.2.4

/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Nodes.pm
/usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

I was able to resolve it by myself. I have deleted both files and then reinstalled some packages with
Bash:
apt install --reinstall pve-manager proxmox-widget-toolkit libjs-extjs pve-cluster
. This created both files again with original status.

However. I have still an issue.
The Dashboard is stuck while loading and there is this entry "CPU Thermal Stats". I know, I had inserted this one before.
But it shouldn't be there as both files were newly created without this entries. I have also made sure by searching both files for "CPU Thermal Stats" and double checked that it isn't there. It is also not a browser reload or cache issue as I have also cleared the cache.

Maybe someone knows, how I can try to fix this?

1722653094606.png

In the meantime, I have new information. A Cloudflare tunnel was to blame for the whole thing. I think Cloudflare cached something. I did not find any active cache settings in Cloudflare. But I removed the tunnel in CF and added it again. Since then it works again. I'll mark the thread as solved.

I was able to resolve it by myself. I have deleted both files and then reinstalled some packages with
Bash:
apt install --reinstall pve-manager proxmox-widget-toolkit libjs-extjs pve-cluster
. This created both files again with original status.

However. I have still an issue.
The Dashboard is stuck while loading and there is this entry "CPU Thermal Stats". I know, I had inserted this one before.
But it shouldn't be there as both files were newly created without this entries. I have also made sure by searching both files for "CPU Thermal Stats" and double checked that it isn't there. It is also not a browser reload or cache issue as I have also cleared the cache.

Maybe someone knows, how I can try to fix this?

View attachment 72304
hi, i have same problem. how do you delete the file? sorry im noob.

hi, i have same problem. how do you delete the file? sorry im noob.
Hi

you can delete files with the `rm` command.
To delete the files, you can use

Bash:
rm /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Nodes.pm
rm /usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

and then execute the apt install... command from the previous post.
Be careful. In my case this worked. Hopfefully in your's to.

Maybe you want to copy the files before deletion to sa save place. Just in case.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!