Oracle Virtualbox on Windows11 virtualized in ProxmoxVE

it.area

Aug 29, 2024
Good morning everyone, I installed a windows11 machine on Proxmox Ve 8.2.2.
On this machine I would like to run a Windows 2008 r2 machine virtualized via Oracle VirtualBox.
When I turn on the machine I get this error.

WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is FALSE! Make sure you have enabled the 'Windows Hypervisor Platform' feature. (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).
VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).
Exit code:
E_FAIL (0X80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {6ac83d89-6ee7-4e33-8ae6-b257b2e81be8}

Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot

Because the direct importation desn't work the server in 2008r2 imported from Esxi 5.5 don't start
Try detaching the boot disk and reattach as IDE.
Or even better, attach it as virtio block, boot on server 2008 iso with virtio iso mounted on the vm as well so you can install the driver viostor wirth dism.
9 times out of 10, a non bootin windows is a disk controller issue. The other time it's UEFI instead of MBR.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!