OpenVZ Live Migration Succeeds Most Processes Dead?

thesubmitter

Jun 5, 2012
Live Migration between a NEWER E5-2620 to a E5472 based CPUs and I was running into the XSAVE issue which I fixed via the NOXSAVE kernel boot parameter.

I am a migrating between a regular extsfs file system --> bind mount of an ext3fs/iscsi fs FOLDER ON top of a local ext3FS. I Am doing this because it give me the flexibility of choosing the type of storage I want for a machine and still being able to live migrate (I hate that in proxmox/openvz you have to migrate to the same "storage" on the new machine - poor and perhaps unnecessary limitation_

The weird thing that happens is that 90%of the time or maybe 100% of the time all or ALOT of the processes are dead when the machine appears on the new server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!