openvswitch, last update?

May 17, 2013
Greetings,

has anyone else had issues with OVS on the last update? I see it upgraded to 2.10.1. i had to change my bridges back to standard to even get gui access.
ovs-system shows DOWN state, vmbr1 shows UNKNOWN state. any help would be appreciated. usually with my config, rebooting and such everything comes up just fine.

update, i'm going to say something went hay wire, my OVS routes are totally gone.

update, something in the last kernel update stops openvswitch-switch from auto creating the routes.
adding auto vmbr1 does add the routes, however making any changes in the webgui removes this line from /etc/network/interfaces.

Using purely ifupdown2 (the ip address add) command, how can I manually add these routes in the interfaces file? post-up is not a thing unless I install net-tools, but rather not having net-tools and ethtool, kinda pointless?

update, something in the last kernel update stops openvswitch-switch from auto creating the routes.
adding auto vmbr1 does add the routes, however making any changes in the webgui removes this line from /etc/network/interfaces.

Using purely ifupdown2 (the ip address add) command, how can I manually add these routes in the interfaces file? post-up is not a thing unless I install net-tools, but rather not having net-tools and ethtool, kinda pointless?
Hi,

which version of ifupdown2 do you use ? (dpkg -l|grep ifupdown2)

can you post your /etc/network/interfaces ?

Hi,

which version of ifupdown2 do you use ? (dpkg -l|grep ifupdown2)

can you post your /etc/network/interfaces ?

ifupdown2 2.0.1-1+pve4

For what it matters, I ditched OVS completely, I honestly can do what I need with pfSense and layer 2 rather than layer 3 and OVS

I think I might hit this incompatibility issue when after the update one of my hosts suddenly stopped configuring the IP addresses from the configuration file. I had to scratch my head a lot. My solution was to ditch ifupdown2 rather than ovs...

I think I might hit this incompatibility issue when after the update one of my hosts suddenly stopped configuring the IP addresses from the configuration file. I had to scratch my head a lot. My solution was to ditch ifupdown2 rather than ovs...
should be fixed soon. I have send patch to dev mailing list. (Anyway, currently, they are not advantage to use ifupdown2 + ovs, as you can't reload ovs configuration)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!