One way backup/sync android photos/files/bkp to some own cloud LXC/VM on Proxmox (free)

jaceqp

May 28, 2018
Hi there.
I'm struggling for some time to find a best solution for me having some sort of self hosted storage/cloud mainly used for storing/uploading pics and other data from my smartphone.
I tried NextCloud, yet I feel it pretty slow and clumsy (web gui both simple -thats good, and quite limited/slow etc). Same for app not quite convincing on data transfer schedule/scale etc. Then 'NC' started to grow unexpectedly on its own (for example within "overlay2" folder etc) saturating non-data boot storage.
Most of nextcloud-like clouds seem to have quite same design / vibe if you wanna call it.
Sharing data/docs with other users ain't my priority. Dedicated android app would be nice. I want to transfer data only on demand (like only when wireguard vpn tunnel established etc). Also would be nice to access storage data locally let's say via SMB protocol.

Any suggestions? Tried OMV VM + Docker + cloud container (nc)... One thing I liked was direct SMB access to aquired/synced data.
BTW: I'd like 2-way sync being OPTIONAL - since I'd like to push some smartphone data out - then free some space after.

Perhapse SeaFile? Might be wrong but doesn't it seem being abandoned?

Yeah, Dude ! Same thoughts, need to rehost my qnap payload. Seafile is what I wanna try to use. Simple download und Upload, Sharelink with web based simple replay and long term file storage capability that is what I'm searching for.

Actually running nextcloud LXC, suddenly bad performance. Takes "hours" loading web frontend. Auto Upload is starting sometime :-/

Did you tested seafile now ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!