One of my LTX containers wouldnt start after restart. Did a full proxmox reboot, and it won't boot

CancunManny

Dec 30, 2023
I have proxmox running 2 vm (OPNsense and Homeassistant), and 1 ltx container (frigate). I was messing with the frigate config file, then frigate wouldn't start. I did a restore on frigate for a full backup of 5 days ago. It did the restore, but frigate still wouldn't boot. I then decided to reboot proxmox all together, and it never rebooted.

Well actually OPNsense never started, so I can't get to the server remotely. Will bring physical server down to my office to see if I can plug into it and see if it is booting up.

I am pretty sure the issue is with the disk being full. If disk is full would proxmox till boot up just none of VM will run?

So I am getting very confused now. I have a small server, and "backups" are done on my regular PC via a netshare. I thought that was just for backups, but my HD on my regular PC got full, that was preventing my VM's from loading. I deleted some files from my PC, and all of the sudden the server started up the 2 VMs and the LTX.

Since everything seemed to be working fine on the server, everything was running as expected. I decided to delete EVERYTHING on the netshare folder. There were about 6 backups on the "dump" folder, but on one of the folders there was something RAW dealing with the frigate/LTX 100. The file was pretty big, so I deleted that too!

I then started a backup on the server. The idea was to do a backup of the two VMs and the LTX container. I started with the LTX container, it sat there for a while. I figured I would let it run for a while. I then started to look at another issue I had with a 2nd hard drive on my main pc. Seems one of the issues was I didn't shut down windows properly (I have dual boot main pc with windows and ubunut, mainly use ubuntu). Well I forgot that the backup was running saving files to the netshare (set in ubuntu) and I restarted my main computer to get into windows and shut it down properly.

Now my LTX/frigate container won't start .... and I don't have a backup ... glanced at the logs and said something about RAW file not found on Netshare.....

So if I set up a netshare for backups (only do manual backups at the moment) the computer where the backup file go has to be on for the server to be able to start up and run properly? Very confused now

Ok, so it seems I messed up the set up
1728280394735.png
Seems I put the whole root of the disk on the NetShare, so I basically deleted all of frigate when I did that... Thankfully the VM's are still running

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!