One external IP to host multiple websites

I have one IP and would like to host multiple websites how can this be done with Proxmox
Virtual Environment 7.4-3
Sounds like you should consider a webserver which supports "Name-based Virtual Hosts" (Apache) aka Server Blocks (Nginx) or whatever the software-maintainer calls it. It is Proxmox independent. But I wouldn't suggest to set up the webserver on the proxmox host itself but rather in its own guest VM, so you could set this up with masquerade NAT to route the http-traffic to your vm, something like:

Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.10:80
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.10:443

II need to be more specific here is my current configuration theses sites were all up and working until I moved to Germany for 3 years
I'm thinking there is a way to have a front end system that would look at the single Public IP 77.179.xxx.xxx and be able to forward the request to one of these

Attachments

• working at one time sites.JPG
    working at one time sites.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 7
Keyword here to search for is "reverse proxy" in case you got multiple webserver VMs/LXCs but only a single public IP. For example a Docker VM with "Nginx Proxy Manager"/Traefik docker container.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!