nvme not showing on proxmox 8.2

imran999

Sep 28, 2024
First time proxmox user.

Installed proxmox 8.2 on SSD drive and is booting ok without errors however i am unable to see a new 2tb m.2 nvme that has been added to the machine. It shows up in the bios but not within discs on proxmox.

Seen some suggestions to enable legacy boot, but this is already enabled in my bios. Do i need to format the nvme first? If so, how can i do that from proxmox as its installed on bare metal. Machine is HP EliteDesk 800 G5

Update: I formatted the drive via linux command line (fdisk) and its now showing up within PROXMOX discs.
I'm guessing i need to now create a LVM volume group and add the storage to proxmox.

Last edited:
this is currently what i can see in disks on the gui

Attachments

• proxmox discs.JPG
    proxmox discs.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!