Nothing to Boot: no such file or directory

HawkNewbie

Apr 17, 2018
As i write this, please keep in mind that I'm new to Proxmox. I have a system with the following components:

Processor
Intel Pentium G4620 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 51W BX80677G4620 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 630

Motherboard
MSI B250M PRO-VD LGA 1151 Intel B250 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM:
8 GB Patriot Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (Desktop Memory) CL15 1.2V Red DIMM (288-pin) PVE48G240C5KRD

Case
Lenovo H530 Desktop Serial Number: ES11340374 Machine Type Model: 628557317328

Network Card 1
Intel PRO/1000 Dual Port Server Adapter C Bulk Pack

Network Card 2
Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Network Adapter 10/100/1000Mbps PCI-Express 1 x RJ45

Tried install pfsense in a VM. Installed from ISO on hard drive, which went fine. However, when I reboot without the ISO, I receive the error message "Nothing to boot: No such file or directory (error 2d03e12b) No more network devices"

Tried changing hard drive from SCSI to SATA as per April 7 2017 Johnnywoz post (can't post link because I'm a new user), but no change. Completely stuck now. Help.

Hi,

are the boot options correct?
see Options TAB

You can see my boot options in the attached file. The boot order is Disk 'virtio', CD-ROM, and then network. SCSI Controller is set to Virtio SCSI, but I don't see an option to select a SATA controller. With my limited knowledge, there are no other relevant options that I can see. Do I need to change anything?

Attachments

• virtual machine boot options.png
    virtual machine boot options.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: realbosselarsson
Okay, n00b mistake. Swapped out Disk virtio for sata0 in boot options and the virtual machine boots. Thanks for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!