8Gb of DDR2
Proxmox VE 2.1

and when i do a simple free i see this bad thing :/ :

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 4044956 745952 3299004 0 10908 202652
-/+ buffers/cache: 532392 3512564
Swap: 4194296 2177280 2017016

How i can fix this please ?

Dead stick or not correctly installed stick would be my guesses. As above, how much does the BIOS say you've got in there?

Dead stick or not correctly installed stick would be my guesses. As above, how much does the BIOS say you've got in there?

You could also run memtest86+ on it... that would test all the memory.

Is it two sticks of 4GB or 4 sticks of 2GB?

Check you motherboards BIOS version and see if it needs updating?

Another thing to consider 4gb is the ram limit for a machine running 32bit instead of 64bit.

i did have 4 sticks of 2gb. Was perfectly running W7 with it. But a strange thing appened when i opened my computer, ...

There was only 2 sticks ...

Omg !!! ... i don't found them yet ...

sry to open this stupid thread but i strongly believed to have 8gb installed ...

For some reason I'm thinking kids were involved.... And some kid now has 8GB instead of 4... :p

i really don't think so, i think i forgot what i did with this memory ... I'm being more & more old ... damm.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!