no supported hard disks error

dquillen2

Oct 10, 2024
hello! I am very very very new to this sort of thing, I am currently working in an internship and one of my tasks is to install and deploy proxmox on a dell emc server to kind of see how it works in comparison to hyperv, vsphere, etc. I have put a bootable proxmox iso onto a usb drive and plugged it into my server, I have done RAID configurations and have also created a virtual disk but every time i go to go through the proxmox installation wizard, it tells me there are no hard disks found. I have scoured the internet, these forums, and asked my supervisors and nobody really has an answer about what to do and I am really at my wits end with it. any help, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated!!

I have done RAID configurations and have also created a virtual disk
Setup a raid config still defines a virtual disk. Did you created virtual devices out of that virtual disk in raid menue (which you should not) ?
Otherwise depending on host hw it sometimes helps to install an older pve 7.x version first and update after that to the actual 8.x version.

Setup a raid config still defines a virtual disk. Did you created virtual devices out of that virtual disk in raid menue (which you should not) ?
Otherwise depending on host hw it sometimes helps to install an older pve 7.x version first and update after that to the actual 8.x version.
i did not create any virtual devices, but i can try and install an older version!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!