"No Network Interface Found" after bios update.

raphalu

Sep 21, 2023
Everything was working nicely and smooth, until i updated the bios (B660M-E) to the latest version. tried connecting to proxmox server but it wouldn't let me. tried reinstalling proxmox and that's where i got the error mentioned in *title*
same thing happened when i tried installing debian, couldn't find a network interface.

i have Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V

hopefully someone can help, I'm really frustrated and sad.

Hi,
if neigther the Proxmox VE installer, nor the Debian installer are able to detect the NIC, then something might be wrong in your BIOS setting or this is a buggy firmware version.
Maybe during BIOS update some settings were disabled/reset? If that is not the case, than your best bet is to contact your motherboard vendor.

Reactions: raphalu
Thanks for the response!
would the NIC driver and settings or reinstalling windows solve this? i was playing all around with the bios tried different version different settings. the nic works fine in windows.

Thanks for the response!
would the NIC driver and settings or reinstalling windows solve this? i was playing all around with the bios tried different version different settings. the nic works fine in windows.
Not sure if that might affect your issue. What you can do is boot the Proxmox VE installer in debug mode and check if the kernel sees the NIC at all and which driver is in use. lspci -v and dmesg output might be of interest.

Is it the proxmox or the vms in the proxmox.
If the issue is for the vms in the proxmox, then there is a new firewall option enabled by default.
VM>hardware>network device>edit>uncheck firewall/configure firewall rules

a3e531ea-9fca-4578-bed6-ca85958b279d.jpg
pretty sure that "00:1f.6" is the ethernet i219.
for dmesg no idea how i could get the logs, can't access the usb files.
update:
825f9802-ad05-4f30-a284-764bcaa9fa0e.jpg

Last edited:
Is it the proxmox or the vms in the proxmox.
If the issue is for the vms in the proxmox, then there is a new firewall option enabled by default.
VM>hardware>network device>edit>uncheck firewall/configure firewall rules
its the proxmox unfortunately

discovered errors:
NVM Checksum Is Not Valid
Could not load intel TCC
a711dfd9-b65b-4e22-8b62-37cbf105a97a.jpg

Last edited:
~Solved: i installed Debian 11.7 (iso 3.7gb) and that detected the NIC (Debian buster didn't for some reason), i was on the process of installing proxmox on top of debian but i was a bit curious if the proxmox installer would work now and yes it did.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!