No network after upgrade to Proxmox 5

woutwoot

Jul 17, 2017
Hello,

I've just upgraded my server from proxmox 4.4 to Proxmox 5 using the guide on the wiki.
After the upgrade everything was working fine in the web interface, but as soon as I rebooted the server, it no longer has network access.

I had some images here, but seems like I can't post tose... This is a screenshot:
s.wwx.be/2017-07/chrome_2017-07-21_11-17-47.png

Iptables rules are empty. Does anyone have any idea about what could be wrong?

from the ip link output
eth3 has no carrier , probably meaning the cable is not connected
check if the network leds on the switch and on your network card are active

from the ip link output
eth3 has no carrier , probably meaning the cable is not connected
check if the network leds on the switch and on your network card are active
There is one cable connected. I figured out what was wrong though, but could not completely fix it. One of the interface names conflicted with another one and was renamed to "rename2".
I've tried to fix this by editing /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules but the interface keeps being renamed anyway. For now I just fixed it by using the "rename2" one in the bridge.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!