No longer can access the webgui or vms from my proxmox server.

Nath2125

Feb 1, 2023
Hi there,

So for about 3 days now as the title suggests I've been here and there not been able to access the webgui or VMS from my proxmox server from their assigned IP's. They also can't be access from the outside public either

The console when I plug USB and monitor into works just fine, and it suggests the VMS are running fine also.

Every time I reboot from the console everything comes back in and is accessible, but every so often it will do this thing and all of a sudden it seems like the whole machine has gone dark, but really everything just goes inaccessible.

Server Info:
- Running single node
- Has a designated webgui IP static, same with every vm running.
- I run the connection through an usbc to 2.5gb eth adaptor to my switch.
-

Interface config:
Code:
auto Lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto enx00e0ec68012b
iface enx00edec68012b inet manual

auto vmbro
iface vmbro inet static
        address 192.168.10.6/24
        gateway 192.168.10.1
        bridge-ports enx00edec68012b
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd o
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address 10.0.0.1/24
        bridge-ports none
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd o

If anyone could shed some tips or how to diagnose this issue, that would be great. It's been driving my head in and quite annoying.

Last edited:
Hi,
auto vmbro iface vmbro inet static
I assume these are typos and that it is vmbr0 instead, also
should be auto lo and
bridge-fd o
should be bridge-fd 0 for both bridge configurations.

Regarding your actual issue, please check if you are still able to ssh into the host while the WebUI and VMs are seemingly unresponsive. Also, check the systemd journal for errors. You can dump the journal since boot to a file by running journalctl -b > journal.txt and append the file as attachment.

Also, please post the exact model of the NIC adapter and check if gets enough power from the usb port. I once had a cheap dongle which always disconnected under load as the USB port was not providing enough power during power spikes. Connecting to an external USB hub with additional power supply might help if that is the case.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!