No internet on VM's

DaFray31

Apr 21, 2020
Hello,
I come here because I have a problem. First time I use proxmox. So I created a VM and installed MineOs, so far so good, but during the installation it can't connect to the internet.
Knowing that I only have one IP for the whole machine.
Thanks in advance !
Look,
DaFray31

Hello,
I come here because I have a problem. First time I use proxmox. So I created a VM and installed MineOs, so far so good, but during the installation it can't connect to the internet.
Knowing that I only have one IP for the whole machine.
Thanks in advance !
Look,
DaFray31
Hello.
If you are using a local connection, DHCP should do it automatically.
If you are using IP addresses you will have to configure them manually (or at least I do so) with its ip, subnet, gateway

Hello.
If you are using a local connection, DHCP should do it automatically.
If you are using IP addresses you will have to configure them manually (or at least I do so) with its ip, subnet, gateway
In automatic it encounters an error and the same when I configure it...

Attachments

• error2.PNG
    error2.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 75
  • errror.PNG
    errror.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 68
Here is what I have in network, I don't know if the vmbr0 port is well configured. Moreover the error that I have with MineOs, that it does not happen with eth0, but there is no eth 0...
dddd.PNG

Well… your vmbr0 has no network device(s) attached - so the VMs can only communicate among themselves.

But i must put what in the gateway ? because when i try to link with the enp2s0, i got :

Parameter verification failed. (400)

gateway: Default gateway already exists on interface 'enp2s0'.

Yes, this can be tricky, if you only have one interface available. What I am always doing is to bind the IP to the vmbr instead of the real interface. Afaik, you can remove the host IP from enp2s0 and attach it to the vmbr0, along with the rest of the IP config (dns, gateway). When you're finished hit the "Apply" button and pve will perform the changes. If anything goes wrong, you can use the host Konsole to edit the interface config file directly.

Remove the IP from enp2s0, the rest looks correct. And maybe take a look at the manual, no? Even being a noob does not free you from reading the manual. Proxmox, although a very nice and clean solution, is by nature rather complex - as are all virtualization systems that aim at the enterprise level.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!