No internet after proxmox installing on Debian 10

do I still need to do that if is about the proxmox(debian) ? I don't speak about the VM
Yes, you need to config your interfaces after installing proxmox on top of a debian. See the line in your link "Once logged in, create a Linux Bridge called vmbr0, and add your first network interface to it."
That vmbr0 needs a gateway or it can't access hosts outside of your lan.

What is "cat /etc/network/interfaces" and "ip addr" returning?

Last edited:
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp3s0 inet manual

iface enp4s0 inet static
address 192.168.100.2
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.100.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.100.2/24
gateway 192.168.100.1
bridge-ports enp4s0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

So now. I have internet on that pc again. I don't know how to explain but without deleting the netmask and the gateway and rewriting again it didnt worked..

I don't have access to that pc and I would need sometimes to can be connected by teamviewer..
The problem is that now I can't use the teamviewer anymore on that pc. any Idea why?

Any additional settings to the interfaces ?

Last edited:
Your enp4s0 needs no IP, netmask and gateway and should be in "manual" mode like the enp3s0. You should only set them using the vmbr0.

Why are you using teamviewer at all? Did you install debian with a desktop environment? If yes I could think that this might cause problems because tons of additional programs are also installed and some of them change the network configuration by themselve.
I would recommend to install a debian with the minimal netinst ISO and as additional software only ssh and the basic system tools.

The normal way to remote control the server would be using CLI over SSH.

Last edited:
are you sure about that? because now is working and without making this settings my internet didn't worked

That is my config generated by the proxmox GUI:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno2 inet manual
        dns-nameservers 192.168.43.1
#Intranet NIC

iface eno1 inet manual
#DMZ NIC

iface ens5 inet manual
#NAS NIC

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address 192.168.42.50/24
        bridge-ports eno1
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#DMZ Bridge

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet static
        address 192.168.45.2/24
        bridge-ports ens5
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#NAS Bridge

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.43.50/24
        gateway 192.168.43.1
        bridge-ports eno2
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#Intranet Bridge

nics.png

All 3 NICs are set to manual. Every NIC got a own linux bridge and IPs, subnet, gateways are just defined by the bridges.

Did you enable ipv4 forwarding? (set "net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" in /etc/sysctl.conf)
Are the bridge-utils and net-tools installed? (apt install bridge-utils net-tools)
Did you remove the network manager? (apt purge network-manager)
Did you create a "/etc/resolv.conf" and add a line like "nameserver 192.168.0.1" to set a nameserver?
Did you add the line "127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost pvelocalhost" to your /etc/hosts?

That are things I did to install proxmox to my debian 10.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!