Nginx reverse proxy help

Riddleuk

Jul 9, 2021
Hi
I have a container running wordpress with a lemp stack I have about 7 websites. ( All just junk messing about stuff ) with a server block each.

I wanted to put bit warden in a lxc however all the tutorials are for docker so after a day of pain. I finally managed to load docker and install bitwarden. However bitwarden requires SSL to work.

I get that a reverse proxy can be used I have most of the containers using .local.
Movies.local is Plex or I would have to type http://192.168.7:3200
Music.local is airsonic

All great all done in pihole with unbound.

How would I redirect. Say. Bitwarden.example.com to the docker container ‍♂️ with ssl or is there a password manager anyone's knows of that I can self host? I wasn't planning on exposing bitwarden to the internet but I seam to be confused on how to do this. I did look at passbolt however I cannot find anything to hook up fail 2 ban on it as all the WordPress uses are the nginx logs and to be fair it's jailed around 3000 ips since it went live.

Would I just simply add a server block for
Bitwarden.example.com
With the redirect in to the ip for bitwarden on the docker container

Or could someone suggest a password manager that I can use in a lxc container without it being exposed to the internet which is what I would have to do for certbot to issue a cert

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!