nfs shares not showing up in scan, mount error on those that do let me add them

JustaGuy

Renowned Member
Jan 1, 2010
I have a PVE 2.1 running & I'm trying to add NFS shares to it.

There is a 10TB Drobo connected to a laptop running Oracle Virtualbox with the USB passed through to an Ubuntu 12.04 VM. The volumes on the Drobo are mounted and configured to be exported in /etc/exports.

I've tried nfs-kernel-server, unfs3, & nfs-user-server, which is what's installed right now, and none of them allow me to view all the exports in the drop-down menu where you add the share based on what pve scans as available- it seems a random 3 show up there depending on what nfs server I run. There are 7 shares in total I need to add to pve. I was able to add them manually, but they all error the same, whether they were added via the drop-down menu scan, or by the mountpoint being entered manually.

Now I get an error saying: "mount error: No such file or directory (500)" when I try to browse the content of each share.

Please advise.
Thanks.

I ended up plugging the Drobo directly into the pve box & am restoring from there for now. I still would like to know why nfs didn't work for me though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!