NFS share:

rufus_corp

Jun 22, 2012
Hello,

On a freshly install of Proxmox V2.1.1 , i try to share a folder with NFS. I've installed nfs-kernel-server package, then i put :
Code:
/truc   *(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
in /etc/exports

My nfs server start normaly in appearance, but in fact I got this in /var/log/syslog:

Code:
Jun 22 17:13:51 virtuel2 mountd[2331]: Caught signal 15, un-registering and exiting.
Jun 22 17:13:52 virtuel2 kernel: svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 97).

The problème is when i mount (on another debian squeeze) box my nfs share (mount 192.168.2.2:/truc /mnt/custom), the share mount
but the uid and gid are not mapped. I can see this on /mnt/custom:
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 4294967294 4294967294 0 Jun 19 19:24 coucou
-rw-r--r-- 1 4294967294 4294967294 0 Jun 19 19:24 toutou

When i mount the share using nfs v3 (mount -o nfsvers=3 192.168.2.2:/truc /mnt/custom)

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root 0 Jun 19 19:24 /mnt/custom/coucou
-rw-r--r-- 1 daemon root 0 Jun 19 19:24 /mnt/custom/toutou

the mapping is ok, but the share access is very very very very long !!!!

the problèm doesn't occur, when i mount the share on proxmox itself

after googling a lot, i'm stuck :-( help?

no idea?

the NFS method is not a good way to share data between host and guest? what can i use in place of NFS (which is able to map SID and GID) ?

I found the solution;

the probleme occured only when the client is debian squeeze (i try with ubuntu 12.04, and it is ok), so it's a client's problem

On the client :
/etc/init.d/nfs-common stop

edit /etc/default/nfs-common
and modifiy:
NEED_STATD="no"
and:
NEED_IDMAPD="yes"

after that, when starting nfs-common, you should see:
Starting NFS common utilities: idmapd
rather than:
Starting NFS common utilities: statd.

i hope that help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!