NFS only mounts to one node

J

jerim

I have a DRBD cluster of two servers setup to serve an NFS share. I have four Proxmox boxes setup in a node cluster. I add storage through the GUI. For some reason, the share only mounts to Node 2, but not to Node 1, Node 3 or Node 4. I can use "showmount -e (ip)" from Node 1, 2 or 3 and it sees the share. But when I run the mount command, it always times out:

root@NODE1:~# mount -t nfs XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:/Storage /mnt/pve/Storage​
mount.nfs: Connection timed out​

Not an expert on DRBD or Proxmox so I am not sure on which side the problem lies. Here is /etc/export from my DRBD cluster:

/Storage XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/22(rw,no_root_squash,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)​

Restart all nodes at the same time, and it still only comes up and mounts to Node2. It is as if there is some limit on the number of mounts.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!