Next Problem: VMs wouldn't start

Arsimael

Oct 24, 2011
Hi folks, next problem. If I create a VM i can't start it. I tried to create a "standart VM" for windows xp for testing purposes (Proxmox 1.8/1.9 was very slow and i hope to get thsi running with proxmox 2). Heres the error-code:

Code:
start  failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 100 -chardev  socket,id=monitor,path=/var/run/qemu-server/100.mon,server,nowait -mon  chardev=monitor,mode=readline -vnc  unix:/var/run/qemu-server/100.vnc,x509,password -pidfile  /var/run/qemu-server/100.pid -daemonize -readconfig  /usr/share/qemu-server/pve-usb.cfg -device usb-tablet,bus=ehci.0,port=6  -name test -smp sockets=1,cores=1 -nodefaults -boot menu=on,order=cdn  -vga cirrus -tdf -localtime -rtc-td-hack -k en-us -drive  file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/Windows.XP.Pro.SP2.OEM.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=native  -device ide-drive,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=device-ide2  -drive  file=/var/lib/vz/images/100/vm-100-disk-1.raw,if=none,id=drive-ide0,aio=native,boot=on  -device ide-drive,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=device-ide0 -m  512 -netdev type=user,id=net0,hostname=test -device  rtl8139,romfile=,mac=86:1E:2E:F1:3E:83,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12  -cpuunits 1000' failed: exit code 1  (500)

Exit code 1 (500) means what? I google'd this, but didn't found any suitable solution...

I have Intell Atom D525 micro server installed Proxmox Ve 2.0 Beta.
This model of Chip doesn't support Hardware Virtualization. (Intell Vt)
Unfortunately attempt to start Windows Xp and Windows 7
Has ended with the dark blue screen!!!

I have Intell Atom D525 micro server installed Proxmox Ve 2.0 Beta.
This model of Chip doesn't support Hardware Virtualization. (Intell Vt)
Unfortunately attempt to start Windows Xp and Windows 7
Has ended with the dark blue screen!!!

You can not use KVM without virtualisation support, only openvz.

I will object in version 2.0 a beta probably creation of virtual machines without hardware virtualization.
I have successfully created two virtual machines.
Installation Windows Xp has begun without problems.
Start of such machines has ended with the dark blue screen.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!