Newbie question

gary.dawson

Aug 22, 2012
Hello good people,

I just started using Proxmox which I consider to be the gratest alternative o manage my VMs using virt-manager or CLI with XEN which I still use on some production systems bt if all goes as planned with proxmox I'll make the switch :)

Ok, Ihave a question that might have already been answered, if so please direct me to the thread please.

I have three nodes I want to join on a cluster, I've followed the wiki and the creationon the frst node is successful, but when I try to join the second node it stops and times out saying cluster time out, I read that you need multicast to be enabled and I did enable that on both of the nterfaces eth0 and eth0 adding this route.

Code:
route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev vmbr0

I just can't add the second node to the clustr ad I'm not really expert on proxmox so I'ma bit lost here, is there any debug log where I can look and show you more information or try to solvethe problem?.

Thank you in advance adn keep up the good work. :eek:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!