newbe noob starting questions

Hemisatellite

Sep 13, 2024
Hi and Thanks to anyone that takes some time to answer a few questions.

I am going to be using pc parts I have on hand and yes I know what I am using is not going to be the best for this. this is more of a testing learning first with what I have on hand.
MB x470 taichi yes I know not the best or even close for this. amd 2600 6 core 12 threads (pinnacle ridge). 32gb DDR4 ram. 1TB nvme or 1 2Tb nvme depending on answers and and 4 disk drive's for nas stroage. also have 2 rx580 gpu's I want to play with getting these working in Proxmox so I can set up a private game server/ server's I really have only 2 use's for the gpu's 1 in sever or 2 door stops... not worried about power usage at this point and only have a 1000w psu to use.

first off is there as way to partition the drive you install Proxmox In the installation process? or should I partition it before hand?
2nd what should I use for the storage vm tru nas?
3rd will I or can I set the storage server so I can access it remotely from anywhere?
4th will I be able to use the nvme free space for game server's if I can not partition the nvme?

Thanks for your time answering these

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!