New to v8 - uploading ISO failing

slothy2406

Sep 25, 2024
HI all,

I am returning to Proxmox for a homelab and thought I would give the latest version a spin. I have installed it to a little HP Elitedesk 705 G3, with a single SSD (Sata) 1TB drive in it (for now).

All loaded using default settings (bar location) and host is all running as it should be.

My problem is the uploading of ISOs through the GUI, unless the iso is really small is always seems to fail. Now searching around its seems that the /var/tmp directory is too small to handle larger iso. I know that I can upload through FTP and SCP, but surely the GUI should work, as most OS isos are 2+ Gb these days.

Is there something I had missed in the setup, say the HD partitioning, was there an option to set the size of the tmp folder??
Is using a single disk not a suggested build requirement, there seems to be plenty of space on the local drive

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                  7.5G     0  7.5G   0% /dev
tmpfs                 1.6G 1012K  1.6G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root   94G  3.0G   87G   4% /
tmpfs                 7.6G   34M  7.5G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
efivarfs              122K   53K   65K  45% /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
/dev/sda2            1022M   12M 1011M   2% /boot/efi
/dev/fuse             128M   16K  128M   1% /etc/pve
tmpfs                 1.6G     0  1.6G   0% /run/user/0

1727259172467.png

I saw there was a bug tracker for this issue (Bug 4935), but it seems that this is still on going and hasn't been looked at since March this year.

Have I done something wrong or is the FTP/SCP workaround the only option?

Thanks

Andy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!