New to proxmox need help in making sure this would work

yomitancho

Jul 11, 2024
United States
This is what I plan on doingHome network.png
The Minisforum MS-01 will have Crucial RAM 64GB Kit (2x32GB) DDR5 @5200MHz. I don't have any SSD/NVME for it yet, I am looking for recommendations on storage for installation and some kind of backup for to make sure everything is runing smoothly. I am 100% sure you all have more knowledge on this than me and im always up to acquiring new knowledge. I plan on run pfsense and pihole for now, I am sure I will be adding more as time goes and I acquire mor knowledge. I have all equipment here for the exception of the SSD/NVME.

Update:

Instead of the 64GB kit of ram I initially planned to use I decided to used the 96GB kit.

Well ill be using a SSDPE2KX010T8 Intel DC P4510 1.0TB Pcle NVMe 3.1 U.2 TLC 2.5" Solid State Drive for os. ( this Drive does not clear the case so I had to modify the bottom of the case for it to fit )

I bought 2 MZ-1LB1T9B Samsung PM983 1.92TB NVMe PCIe M.2 22110 1.88TB SSD. That I will be using for the vms. Debating on how to install them.

I also have a TERRAMASTER D5 Hybrid HDD NVMe DAS Enclosure. Will be using 2 Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache For cold storage and 3 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 for hot storage.

I have a MINISFORUM UN100D Mini PC,Alder Lake-N100, 12th Alder Lake N architecture, up to 3.4 GHz, 4C/4T, 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM 512 GB PCIe SSD. I was planing on using it to run the DAS as a nas with Truenas. Not sure any recommendations and advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: zotac
I'll be watching this thread as I'm also planning on buying the Minisforum MS-01.
I'm wondering how to best utilize those 3 NVME slots.
Both Proxmox VE and the VMs on the same SSD that is mirrored for redundancy?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!